Sunday, April 19, 2009

I really should have done this sooner...

Today, I played with gadgets & took a certain joy from playing with my page. I want my webpage to look more like this. If you have any suggstions as to how I can make that happen, please comment here. Of course, you can always feel free to speak to me in person, but I just read some disturbing news today through a link from my fave online community: Facebook.

Some students in college just don't think personal contact is that important. However tantalizing that would sound as a news headline, I don't think that's exactly what they meant. This came out as part of a discussion on using different forms of live chat in the classroom - specifically, for large lecture halls, which can be quite intimidating to both novice and seasoned students. I could say more, but have to run and play with other gadgets on my blog.

If you're interested in finding out more go to: http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2009/04/turning-a-college-lecture-into-a-conversation-with-coveritlive103.html

You can find many other interesting things on PBS.org; for instance, this morning I was drawn to a story about the future of newspapers. If you're intersted in that...you should go find me on Facebook to see what I had to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment