Sunday, April 19, 2009

Watching... and Learning?

Why, oh why must we videotape ourselves? I really don't feel the need to sadistically tear myself apart, which is not what I'm being asked to do, by the way, but it still feels that way. Of course, our analysis should be confined to our teaching, but for me it's hard to watch myself without analyzing myself intently. Perhaps, I'm just too self-absorbed & I admit that I should not be so concerned with appearance, but I'm just not that evolved. Anyway...now I'll be moving on.

I've already recorded my lessons, and I did take a peek at the first day just to make sure it recorded (but still hyper-focused on how weird my elbows looked). From what I did see, I have already figured out a few weaknesses and strengths:
  • Transitions - this includes my excessive use of "um" - it's awful!
  • Overall Organization - this would help with the technological difficulties I experienced with the PowerPoint.
  • Comprehension - on this particular day, I was doing comprehesion check during the lesson, but that doesn't always happen.

That's all I have for now. My task, at this point, is to do my best to analyze without being too hard on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment