Monday, April 20, 2009

Oh goodness, the Karppinen article... there were some parts that I found interesting and useful in realtion to our general teaching practices. Of course, they weren't Earth-shattering revelations, really nothing that we haven't heard before, save for the connections the author made to digital media. The points about incorporating digital media into lessons in such a way as to make for meaningful learning...um, yeah, we know.

Speaking for myself... just because I have all of this information about different learning styles and whatever else, doesn't mean that my lessons are always the most meaningful - and that's whether or not I'm using some form of multimedia. I think it goes without saying that we each want to be a teacher who is engaging, effective, and maybe even inspirational. Wanting and achieving are very different things though! Yes, somedays our goals are achieved, or we have one of those fabulous teaching moments when you see the light bulb turn on above a student's head; we just need to accept that not everyday is going to be that way. I'll leave this now before I get too far off topic.

I think the point is ....

ooo, a cliffhanger!

No comments:

Post a Comment